Monday 24 May 2021

May Meeting Highlights

More Manitoba lockdowns with no end in sight ... sigh. Lets take the time to look at this for the opportunity for new opportunities, like sewing up our stashes! 

Rae made this lovely bunny quilt with her stash. Let this be an inspiration to dig into your fabric buckets.  (I shared her picture before she could bind it)


Judy is hiding behind this sweet and simple comfort quilt. 


Eileen has been busier than ever sewing up a storm in Selkirk. She says the first cut into her sister's cross stitch was the toughest. The piece looks wonderful. 


And some basket sewing from her as well for some knitters in her life. 


Judy is shy ... she had a little help from Phyl with this comfort quilt. 


I had some fun with a scrap challenge this spring. I had signed up for an online challenge where the hosts sent an envelope of scraps - all the scraps were to be used at least once. I used them all and then the trimmings. My wall hanging is called 'Sea Glass' (yes, I even used the batiks!)


With the trimmings, I made an art piece after spending some time scrolling through Pinterest for ideas. I love how my runner turned out. I created it with the bits and trimmings from the wall hanging and some decorative wool we had in our craft box. I made it with a water soluble Sulky stabilizer. My hubby hates it so I am going to make ten more and place them all over the house. He is a huge brat, telling everyone its a 'mess thing' and that "I fished it out of the sink trap'. I say, yesterday's garbage is todays art project.


I dug these lovely blocks out of a box where they have lived for 4 years. Ha ha ... they needed a rest. I received them as part of a swap on Instagram. They are the economy block made with only Cotton & Steel fabrics and my quilt is made up with blocks from 70 ladies from the US and Canada. Its also all for me, me, me! One more UFO off the list.



 Judy with another has comfort quilts. (I think that's Judy, anyway!) 


Keep your pictures coming! 
 ~Sheri 

No comments: