Monday 3 May 2021

April Meeting Highlights

We came together for another Zoom meeting in April and it seems this will be our way for the next few months. Manitoba is under another gathering lockdown as Covid-19 rates are still rising despite many of us getting vaccinated this month. 

April was a light month for show and tell.  

I started this Strip Around the World in November of 2019 for Christmas the next month ... ha ha ... just finished! Sean hates it - thinks its 'Too busy' so now I'm refusing to put it away. Can't wait to start another one but have to clean up a few UFO's first.


I like this Meadowland quilt more every time I look at it. Thanks to Lynn for her tutorial last month. Hint, hint .. press the seams open.  The fabric line is called Balboa. I picked it up from Road 17 at Christmas time. (thanks Santa!) 12 squares makes a really nice lap quilt for a lady ... for me, me, me and no husband to hog! He can have the next one made out of 20. 


Here's the back. I can't decide which side I like more. I'm busy sorting scraps to make my next one (or two or three!)


Gladys bought a bit too much fabric and wound up making a few quilts from this fabric. 


Marg gave a demo at our Zoom meeting on Cathedral Windows. Here is her sample. 


Here's to a great May! 

 ~Sheri 

No comments: