During the morning we were busy making Tuffets which we purchased supplies for from Fabriculous. They turned out so cute and what's even better is that they are both going to be used for raffles! One will be for our Xmas party next month and the second will be for our Quilt Show in April.
Audrey, Marg and Blanche were busy in the afternoon organizing all the comfort quilts for there new homes. We gave away 31 quilts!
We also pieced together the blue bounce sheet blocks into a quilt top and as well as finished making all the Biscuit bundles so we can now put those two quilt tops together next month.
We had a great turnout for our evening meeting and it was nice to see some of the EPP blocks being turned in, they look great!
We received an invitation for the Christmas Dinner for Hospital Volunteers that will be held on Dec 1 at 11am at 50 Church St ( Home Care Entrance). If any members are interested in attending and representing the guild that would be wonderful.
Highway 10 Designs released a new pattern called City Slicker! It is a Jelly Roll friendly pattern that has two size options. Paper patterns are now available from me or you can get a downloadable PDF at our Etsy Shop here.
The program for the evening was paper piecing and I demonstrated this method using our favourite Ice Cream Cone block. 30 sets of instructions were made that would make two blocks, one for a draw and the other for the guild. Members were asked to use white background fabrics and a colourful or realistic fabric for the ice cream, the cone fabric was provided.
( Feeling like a total camera hog here so lets get to show and tell!)
Show and Tell
Great Show and Tell everyone!
Don't forget December 15 is our Guild Christmas Party so here is your reminder list:
- Party starts at 6:30 with Happy Cookie Time.
- Bring a friend or two! The more the merrier.
- Your 1930's Reproduction fabric fat quarter for the exchange game. Remember to have it wrapped in brown paper.
- Placemats for Meals on Wheels if you made one.
- Silent Auction donation, please have them there by 5pm.
- We will be raffling our Christmas quilt, tickets $2 each
- We will also have a few fabric bundle and the tuffet to raffles, tickets $2 each.
- There was no cookie list so bring a dozen cookies if you like. Don't feel obligated as if everyone brought cookies that would be around 720 cookies for use to eat. And don't think we wouldn't give it the old college try, we're not quitters.
- Your Show and Tell and we will be having our 6 month Show and Tell draw that night!
- A holiday mug for your cider or coffee.
Looking forward to the party! Kathy