There were 30 Members and one guest for the evening meeting.
The members who worked on Guild projects during the day completed this 1/2 square triangle quilt top as well as the 2 six hour quilts seen below.
Thank-you cards were received from the Northminster UCW for the electric knives and from Child and Family Services for the quilts. An invitation for a volunteer luncheon was received from the Personal Care Home and Northern Lights Manor. A renewal for Fons and Porter’s Love of Quilting was received.
DVD of 2012 National Juried Art Show
Nov/Dec 2012 Quiltmaker
Winter 2012 Keepsake Quilter
6 Patterns, 5 for the Quick Curve Ruler
French Seam Pillowcase pattern
There is still a need for one or two people to stand as vice-president.
Here is one of our comfort quilts all quilted and ready for a home
A volunteer sheet was handed around for the Cranberry Craft Sale on Dec.1st.
A sign up sheet for cookies or dainties for the Christmas party was circulated.
Kathy S is in charge of the silent auction. Have your items to her by noon on Dec. 18th.
The requirements for the project for the Northern Juried Art Show 2013 were discussed and a sign-up sheet made available as well a a piece of black Kona fabric. Please complete and return at the Christmas Party.
Some UFO get-togethers for the winter months are planned. Phyl B
will book for January. All attending will split the cost of rent. Final date in January will be made available at the December meeting.
These are the latest comfort blocks all sewn together as a quilt top
Here are two Six hour comfort quilts made in the day and will be going to Cranberry Craft sale to be sold at our raffle table.
Here are our latest comfort blocks (paper pieced hearts)
These 15 Six hour comfort Quilts were donated to the Elk's for their Christmas Cheer Baskets
Rae B demonstrated a new comfort block titled Lap It Up to be constructed in black and white.
Kathy S demonstrated how to construct a set of 3 bowl holders for the microwave. The instructions are available on her Tamarack Shack blog.
Here is Ruth with her Meals on Wheels placemats
Don't forget to bring your placemats to the December meeting.
Things To Remember For The December Meeting
- A friend or Family member or two or three....the more the merrier
- Let's make this a green party. Remember a coffee mug for you and each of your guests.
- Remember a bright, one colour jewel tone fat quarter for you and each of your quests for the fat quart exchange story. Place your fat quarters in a plain brown paper bag or brown wrapping paper.
- Silent auction items should be to Kathy S by noon on December 18th for organization. Our auction is always so interesting.
- Bring your Show and Tell. We all want to see it. The draw for Show and Tell from June to December will be made at the party.
- Your unique Pincushion should be given to Evelyn B for organization. There is a prize!
- Meals on Wheels placemats will be presented during the evening. Have you got one or two ready?
- There is a fabric draw and a quilt draw. (chances only available at the party)
- Bring loonies, toonies, other cash and chequebooks to participate in the silent auction, the fabric draw, the quilt draw and to make a donation to the coffee fund.
- Any finished Comfort Quilt blocks.
- Your cookies if you have put your name on the list.
- And last, but not least your completed project for the Northern Juried Art Show.
Happy cookies time starts at 6:30
Rae's Challenge Quilts for November
Show and Tell
The members have been very busy this month so there is a lot to enjoy
Wow, what a busy bunch
29 member show and tells.